Monday, November 1, 2010

a year of meals

Last November, I began coordinating the making and delivering of meals to DC church members in need. Two other women at church coordinate meals for families living in Maryland and Virginia. 

In the past twelve months, I have set up a total of 158 meals for 20 families: 18 had new babies, 1 family moved across the country, and 1 mother underwent surgery. I have emailed with over 100 volunteers, and 85 of those have made at least one meal this year. Many have made two or more meals.

Here's the thing: I don't feel like I've done anything. My faithful meal makers and Meal Baby make my job so easy. I love serving the congregation in this way and it's been a real blessing to get to know some new people.

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

what an awesome program! congrats on a successful year!!

Martin Davis said...

Excellent program--we've mentioned it on our site. http://www.congregationalresources.org/worship-and-hospitality-more-handshake