Wednesday, November 17, 2010

managing the yucks

Losing a loved one, breaking up with someone, getting fired, finding out you (or loved ones) have a terminal illness, seeing a dream go down the toilet . . .  these are all events that can kick off what I call a "yuck phase", a period that's more than just a bad day or week. Having a severe case of the yucks can leave you feeling blue, isolated, ostracized, weepy, numb, and like you're the worst company ever.


I battled the yucks from July through September. And even though I felt like they got the best of me most days, praise God that I overcame them eventually. Brad and I are keeping our heads above the yucky drowning waters this time. Prayers help. Friends help. Comments, emails, and good thoughts help. Thank you all.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Our UGA friend, Jennifer B. would always say, "You can visit Pity City, you just can't move there."

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I am so sorry R! I wish I could give you a big hug and giant cookie. I don't have any magic words but I am keeping y'all in my prayers!

SD Dad said...

Chin up and soldier on as you say...we want you to know that you and B are in our thoughts and our prayers...

Roccie said...

Thank you for your kind words of support when you are in need of the same for yourself. I really appreciate it.

My prayers are weak but sometimes those count for a lot, right? I will raise you up from this end.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear your about your loss. We are praying for you, too!

Lauren said...

I am no stranger to the "yucks." Keeping you in my prayers.