Friday, October 22, 2010

oh, fiddle dee dee . . .

I finished Gone with the Wind! And I loved it!

Male readers, don't shy away from this book. I am already pestering Brad to read it. (How long do you think he'll hold out?) This story is magnificent and contains plenty to keep men and women equally entertained. The writing is exquisite and Margaret Mitchell pulls you into a Utopian Old South that will stick with you long after you read the last page. I love this movie, but the book is much better. (Isn't that always the case?)

I am so pleased to add this book to my list of all-time favorites. This list includes my ten favorite books that I could read again and again. I have another list that I call "books I respect". Gone with the Wind could go on either list, but because it captured my heart in a way that only beloved books do, I put it on the favorites list.

I am so relieved to have found a winner. I've read so many books this year that I was starting to get discouraged that I hadn't found a new favorite yet. But, I finally did. And, now I'm sad it's over. I have a touch of the book finishing blues.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I totally understand the book finishing blues. And I LOVED Gone With the Wind, too. I think I should pull that one out and re-read it. It's been too long...

Susannah said...

I made the mistake of watching the movie right after watching the book and was disappointed, even though it's a classic in its own right. The book was just untouchable!