Monday, October 25, 2010

i'm a mac girl now

www.apple.com
I got a new computer for work: my first laptop and my first Mac. And I am so confused!

I knew that Macs were much different from PCs, but I didn't anticipate starting at square one with my computer training. A co-worker had to show me how to shut it down the first time.

I figured that the only way to learn to use this thing is to dive right into it. I ripped off the band-aid and unhooked my work PC last Friday, so now it's Mac or nothing.

I'm hoping that using a Mac becomes as intuitive as everyone keeps telling me it will. In the meantime, I'll plan on all computer-related tasks taking twice as long as they should.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

You'll get it in no time! And if you can't figure it out quickly, Google can do it for you.

bsblchik said...

SO excited for you! I've been a mac girl from day one and have only recently (within the past year) had to make the jump to a PC for work. It's KILLING me. But overall, once you start to get the hang of the mac, I know you're going to love it. Once you go Mac, you never go back ;) hee hee. I will say, though, that if you didn't already purchase the applecare extended 3-year warranty with your mac, I'd highly recommend it. PC techies won't touch your mac (and you won't want them to) and the investment is well worth it...AND the forums on apple.com support are awesome if you run into questions/issues, too. Tons of mac nerds ready to jump in and give you a hand. Enjoy!! :)