Thursday, October 14, 2010

the creeping cataloupe

My cantaloupe plant is freaking me out.

It's difficult to see in the picture below, but it's grown out of its bed and is creeping across our lawn.


Here's another view. See how the plant has stretched out in all directions? It's loaded with blossoms, but no fruit. Remember that my yard is not large. If this plant is going to take up prime real estate, I expect it to produce.


A closer look of its long, creepy arms.


It's a monster.


The vines crept up my green pepper plant's stake and pulled it down, all but strangling the poor green pepper plant in the process.


This plant gives me the willies. At night, I dream it's going to creep up to our second-floor deck, slither under the door, sneak down the hallway to our bedroom, and strangle me in my sleep. (Yes, I have an active imagination.) If this post turns out to be my last, you'll know what happened to me.

1 comment:

SD Dad said...

It could creep up and get you...it is true...I have seen movies were this happens...and of course there was "The Attack of The Killer tomatoes"...good luck and stay safe...sleep with clippers close at hand...