Monday, September 6, 2010

standing guard

Happy Labor Day! The weather is beautiful and Brad and I have the day off work, but we will not be leaving the house today. Why? Although we've had no problems since last Labor Day, we're paranoid of history repeating itself.

Although we both desperately need to get out and go for long, long runs (I'm embarrassingly behind on my miles for the year), it won't be today. I'm standing guard at the front door and Brad's got the back one covered. We're armed with fierce looks and golf clubs. No one will get the best of us this Labor Day.

3 comments:

SusanL said...

I can't believe that has been a whole year ago! Good luck standing guard!

SD Dad said...

One could go out for a run while the other ran from door to door...

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

OMG! How terrible! When I was a kid, someone broke into my house and stole my grandparents wedding rings (that were for me when I grew up) and all of my dads shorts. No TV's or furniture or any other stuff. Antique rings and shorts.