Thursday, September 23, 2010

my plan of attack

Mapping out my day at the National Book Festival is such a grueling task, especially this year because the schedule stinks! (Seriously, did they let a rookie create the schedule this year? I am so mad!)

Here's my tentative plan for Saturday:

10:35 a.m. - 11:05 a.m. - This is a painful decision to choose one of four people I really want to see, but I think I've got to go with The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. Back ups: Laura Bush, Jonathan Franzen (The Corrections), and Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games triology). Because four popular people are scheduled so early in the day, I'll have to bypass seeing Isabel Allende at 10 a.m. to get a spot to see Ree.

11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Mad rush to the fiction tent to try to squeeze in to see Diana Gabaldon (Outlander series), who currently has the most votes (by far) for "favorite author" (meaning there's NO WAY I'll get anywhere near her pavilion)

12:45 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. - Ken Follett (I haven't read Pillars of the Earth yet, but I'm dying to.)

2:05 p.m. - 2:35 p.m. - Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

My day begins with a mad rush and the afternoon is rather empty. But I'll pop into other sessions to fill the gaps. Maybe I'll find a debut author who excites me. Let me know if you'd like to meet up at the festival--I'll be there all day!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Awwww - so disappointed that you had to pass up Isabel Allende (I got to hear her speak on campus at U of A) but I understand wanting to see Ree! Have fun!!

AMRJ said...

I loved Pillars of the Earth!