Thursday, September 9, 2010

fashion police: come on in

Gentle Readers, I need your advice. I wait until Easter to wear open toe shoes. I put away my white skirts, pants, and capris on Labor Day. I am a traditional gal and I like to follow the rules. But this year, I have an item I can't give up: my faux Dolce and Gabbana purse that I got for $20 from Max, my favorite purse vendor in Georgetown.

This bag has been my constant companion this summer. It's the perfect shape (love slouchy), size (I can fit a pair of shoes, a book, and a water bottle inside), and color (goes with almost everything). It's not exactly white. I'd describe the color as pearl with a faint gold shimmer.


Do I need to retire this bag for the season? Is it too summery to carry in the fall or year round?

Be honest. I need help.

6 comments:

Organized Living by Amy said...

If you have a winter white coat, it could work. Otherwise I would retire it for the winter.

Susannah said...

I feel like it's fine to wear it in the fall and spring, particularly because it's not starch white. We wear pearl earrings, khaki trenches and off-white coats, so why can't this work too?

Katie said...

Use it at least through the early fall. You will know the first time you take it out and it's "not right".

KtownP said...

Don't retire it just yet, but probably by mid-October you'll need to switch.

I carried a winter white bag all one winter, but it was a substantial leather and I think that may be the difference in this case.

I'm thinking of retiring some of my Coach bags if you want to "shop" my closet before I take them to consignment.

AMRJ said...

I'm with Katie. I think you use it until you feel "its not right". Although, I want to hear more about Max...which vendor is he?? I love purse deals! :)

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I have been meaning to ask you where you get your purses! I especially love this one. Keep it going for a little longer, esp. while it is so warm. And, please take me on your next purse buying excursion!