Wednesday, September 29, 2010

fall flowers

Fall is here and it's time to say goodbye to summer in my front yard. The Salvias have done well, though. I hated to pull them up and waste perfectly good flowers.

Overgrown Salvias that are still blooming
But a gardener has to move on. I still have plenty of the summer look left in the backyard (and too many flowers back there to pull up and replace).

I decided to go with fall mums--my third set of red flowers in the front yard this year!

The Mum Family

I did add a small touch of yellow (the smallest planters), but the plants have yet to bloom.

The Mum Children

I can't NOT choose red. Red flowers speak to me. They draw me in. I like their look in front of my house.

The Mother Mum
 Now all I need are a few pumpkins on the steps and I'll be set for fall.