Thursday, September 30, 2010

best trick ever

I got my flu shot yesterday morning at the University Health Center. The nurse administered the shot in my left arm because I am right-handed. As she got to work, she told me to wiggle my toes on my right foot. I did, and then she said, "You're done!"

I felt nothing! It was amazing. It was the best shot I've ever had and I will definitely use this trick again.

What needle distraction techniques work for you? Please share. I foresee more shots in my future.

4 comments:

Lauren Savory said...

I will definitely try this! Anything to distract from needles in the arm is worth a try :)

kerryandtorey said...

that is a good trick! shots don't bother me as long as I am not watching it go into my arm.

Lisa Tucker said...

Pretend like you are blowing bubbles. It helps calm you and when you breathe out and relax, the needle doesn't seem to hurt as much. Supposedly.

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Great trick! I will try to get Lucas to do this when he gets his flu shot this year. Between the regular flu shot and two doses of H1N1, along with his normal 4yo vaccinations, all occuring within about a month of each other last year, he is TERRIFIED of shots now (almost a year later and he still talks about them).