Monday, August 30, 2010

partied out

August turned out to be a much busier month socially than I expected. Here's a list of all the people (besides Brad) I fed and/or hosted this month:

  • my work staff (6 adults)
  • friends from church for the CHBC North BBQ (34 adults, 6 children)
  • another group of friends for a BBQ (10 adults, 1 child)
  • one couple who recently became new parents (baby meal for 2 adults)
  • my college friend, her husband, and their twins stayed the weekend with us and we cooked out to celebrate her birthday (8 adults, 2 children)
I also enjoyed eight lunch/dinner/coffee dates, one girls' night out, one book club, and one restaurant week dinner.

I'm tired. And in honor of another school year beginning today, it's time to settle down: no socializing this weekend. I need some hermit time before September turns out to be just as busy.

1 comment:

SusanL said...

I feel like I need a nap after reading your post! Enjoy some well-deserved hermit time :)