Monday, June 28, 2010

prepping for the premiere

  • Read the book. Check (X 3).

  • Reread my favorite chapters. Check.
  •  Read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner to prepare for the Eclipse move. Check.
  •  Purchase movie ticket as soon as they go on sale. Check (thanks Emily!).

  • Participate in a Twilight movie marathon (watching the first two movies: Twlight and New Moon). Check (last Thursday, thanks girls!).

Now that round one of summer fun is over, tomorrow night begins the next chapter of my summer activities! My friends Emily, Jessica, Sunshine, and I will brave the throngs of screaming teens, tweens, young women, moms, grandmothers, and a few brave men to attend the premiere of Eclipse at 12:01 a.m. on June 30th.

I am ridiculously excited about this outing. And I'm also quaking-in-my-bootsstilettos scared about it.

First, can I really stay up until midnight when the movie begins? I'm not worried about falling asleep during the movie--unlike New Moon, there should be plenty of scenes with Edward that will keep me awake. But I'm such an early-to-bed girl and I can't remember the last time I stayed up until midnight. Second, we're meeting at 10 p.m. and going straight to the movie theater, but is this early enough? I have no idea how chaotic it will be, and we definitely want to get good seats and sit together. Third, will I be able to truly listen to and enjoy this movie or will there be too many distractions? I adore these books. I love this series. I want to hear every line. I don't want to be annoyed by unnecessary shrieking and hyperventilating.

Unless I'm the one doing the shrieking and hyperventilating.

But I'll try my best to maintain control. After all, I have an image to maintain. Also, if Brad ever caught wind that I acted that way, my marriage just might be over.

I'm just kidding. Kind of.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Enjoy! I can't wait to hear about it!

-R. said...

I'm going to see it Friday with Erin .. and again on Saturday morning with Dabney. Ha! Enjoy!