Wednesday, June 30, 2010

musings of a fan girl--part 2

After being pleasantly surprised by New Moon and vowing to attend the midnight release of Eclipse, I can't believe it's come and gone, and here I sit at nearly 3 a.m., hyped from my awesome outing tonight, and dying to tell you all about it. I had a fabulous time. It was such a neat experience to share this movie with other fans who love the series and characters as much as I do. I'm now sold on midnight premieres for beloved series--who's going with me to see part one of Breaking Dawn on November 18, 2011?

Our arrangements could not have worked out better. Thanks to Emily's ticket-buying prowess, we obtained tickets for the very first theater that opened at Gallery Place, which meant that we were the first group to enter. Jessica, Emily, Sunshine, and I met up at 10 p.m., drove to the theater, found parking right away, bought some snacks, and joined the line.


We even got free posters! What do you think Brad will say if I hang my poster in our house? I have a horrible feeling he'll resurrect his Tennessee football pictures (in bright orange frames, nonetheless) from their graveyard in our basement to spite me. Perhaps I'd better not risk it. I fought tooth and nail to put those football pictures to rest.

This is only a very small portion of the line. Fortunately, we were near the front, and then got bumped to the very front when our theater opened.


We scored great seats and let Sunshine, who is a real trooper with being more than seven months pregnant and up past her bedtime, sit near the aisle in case she had to take a bathroom break.


But she didn't--she couldn't bear to miss a minute of the movie.

Ah, the movie. Sigh. Eclipse is my FAVORITE movie of the series thus far. But I knew it would be. I could tell from the previews that it would be a quality production. I won't say too much because I don't want to spoil anything for fans who haven't seen it yet. But I will say this: whether you are Team Edward or Team Jacob, you will be very satisfied. Jacob has some great lines and scenes (and Taylor Lautner can act!). And Edward, oh Edward. The closeup shots of his perfect face, his smile, his humor, his love, his devotion--need I say more? Team Edward fans will get what I'm talking about. Robert Pattinson lightened up this time and wasn't quite so troubled; he better portrayed the Edward from the book that fans hold so dear. Even KStew has lost her nervous ticks; I noticed hardly any blinking or stuttering.

This movie is action packed and really funny, which was a surprise to me! The cinematograpy is breathtaking, and while no movie can capture every scene and emotion from a book, this movie makes a valiant effort. It's a decent representation of the book, which is what any true fan wants anyway.

And now, when can I go see it again?

Fellow Twihards, what did you think?

9 comments:

Caitlin said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to see it!

Rachel said...

Loved it! We were a little nervous when the screaming started just when they dimmed the lights, but all the screaming teens were surprisingly gracious and only screamed inbetween the dialogue! Loved it!!

SusanL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SusanL said...

Loved it!!! It was worth staying up until after 3AM, and I am ready to do it again for Breaking Dawn! Glad you had a fun time, too :)

kerryandtorey said...

we definitely are going to see it soon! Speaking of books- I am almost finished 'the hunger game' (Stephanie Meyers gives it rave reviews) and it is so good. I have already bought the second!

Emily said...

Hmmm...we will have to seriously think about going again...and SOON!

Sorry Sarah said...

I was excited to read your review. I haven't seen it yet b/c I'm waiting for smaller crowds... but I'm glad to see it got 2 thumbs up from you.

AmandaRose said...

Loved it! Although it's my least favorite book of the series, it was defiantly the best movie thus far!

jen v. said...

loved it! and, i want to see it on a larger screen. want to go again?

i'm also game for the midnight opening of the next one. hate that i missed this one!