Monday, April 26, 2010

new shades

My new shades are finished and correct this time! They were installed early Friday afternoon, minutes before Brad's and my company arrived for a fun weekend visit.

Let me remind you what the old curtains looked like (left here by the previous owners--excuse the poor quality of the picture).


I initially thought I wanted curtains. But I was concerned about space and covering up the ornate moldings, so I chose Deco Fold Roman Shades instead--a modern twist on the traditional Roman shade.


I love them! The deep red hue adds much needed color to my neutral living room. The shades' many folds add flair to an ordinary piece of material. The shades are mounted inside and confined to the window frames, providing a neat, clean appearance. I'm glad I decided against curtains--mounds of fabric stuffed into tiny corners when the curtains were opened would have been a disaster.

Here's the before picture of the dining room.


And after.



I am in love with toile--I could decorate the entire house with it.

6 comments:

KtownP said...

They look gorgeous! The red is perfect and I love, love, love the toile!

Sorry I never made it over on saturday, but great to see you at book club.

Organized Living by Amy said...

I love them too...especially toile. Very similar to my dining room- paisley. :)

Susannah said...

YAY!! Looks great!

SusanL said...

Beautiful!!

Jennifer V said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the toile, too! :-)

Ross said...

Love the look...and the upper deck...