Monday, April 5, 2010

color and herbs

I caved this weekend. I filled the front planters with pansies--I just couldn't look at the naked dirt in the planters for one more day.




What a difference a few flowers make!

I also succumbed to my temptation to plant my herb garden. I'm already enjoying the sage, parsley, thyme, and chives that survived the winter, and I found a few sprigs of spearmint and peppermint that look like they're going to make it (and hopefully multiply). After sowing basil, oregano, dill, rosemary, and cilantro seeds, I am crossing my fingers that planting on April 2nd is not too early, and that I'll see fruit from my efforts a month from now.

Assuming the weather is tolerable next weekend, Brad and I plan to tackle the yard with vengence. I'm so excited to bring color and life to the yard again!

No comments: