Friday, March 26, 2010

cheesy goodness

For years, I've searched for an irresistible macaroni and cheese recipe and I've finally found one! It's so good I just have to pass it along. Thanks Pioneer Woman!

I improvised a little:
- I used fat-free half and half instead of whole milk because it's what I had on hand.
- I used sharp cheddar cheese.
- Even though I stirred constantly, my roux came out a little too thick, so I diluted it with extra half and half.
- I used whole grain elbow pasta and it was delicious.
- Pioneer Woman is right about the salt. I gave my batch a generous sprinkle of sea salt and it was perfect!

I just made this dish a few days ago and I'm already chomping at the bit to make it again; that's the true sign of a great recipe!

1 comment:

Esther Ortlund said...

Sounds tasty! I love Pioneer Woman's recipes! :)