Monday, March 1, 2010

art month

Brad and I are approaching the first anniversary of moving into our house, and we still have more blank walls than I would like, especially on the first floor. But I've recently acquired a few pieces and as soon as the items are framed and hung, I will post pictures here. Therefore, I declare March as "art month" on this blog. Stay tuned.

In the meantime, let me share one print with you. Last fall, my friend introduced me to the wonder that is Jane Mount. Knowing how much I love books, my friend saw Jane's prints of ideal bookshelves on Etsy, and thought of me. Jane had a cute print of cookbooks that would have perfectly matched my green kitchen, but it wasn't available in the size I needed. I contacted Jane and she told me she planned to paint another grouping of cookbooks, and asked for more specific details regarding my requirements. She came up with the print below, which incorporates the bright green color as well as two cookbooks I already own.
I love the print and I can't wait to see it on my kitchen's wall! I ordered a smaller print of books about writing to hang in the office. And my friend bought Jane's print of children's classics to hang in her new son's nursery (it looks adorable above the crib!). Jane is wonderful to work with and her art speaks to me. My love affair with books makes me only a little biased.

5 comments:

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

I love, love, love the cookbook print! How cool that she incorporated your desires into her new work! I can't wait to see the one in your office, too. Hopefully your prints will bring you as much joy as the children's book print has brought me!

Susannah said...

OOhhhhh, that is fantastic. I LOVE it!

Katie said...

Too cool! I can't wait to see all your art!

SusanL said...

What a great idea for a print! Can't wait to see the picture of it up in your house!

kerryandtorey said...

I just bookmarked her Etsy page. Love the book print!