Tuesday, September 15, 2009

early Christmas present

One benefit of our burglary last week is that I now own a nice new cell phone, an iPhone to be exact, in a girly, hot pink case (I bypassed the orange case... sorry to my readers who are VOLS fans... I tried to talk Brad into the iPhone and the orange case, but he went with a Blackberry instead).

This device was at the top of my Christmas wish list this year, and because I cannot go without a cell phone for the next three months, this luxury suddenly became more necessary.

I have never purchased a cell phone in my life. In the past, I've always just accepted whatever free phone came with the service plan that I selected, and it has been over three years since I've gotten a new cell phone. You can imagine the antiquatedness of my old cell phone. I'm surprised that the thieves even bothered to take it!

And even though I bought the most basic model, WOW. Let me say it again. WOW. I had no idea that such a glorious device existed. The options available at my fingertips bewilder me. And never having owned an iPod before, I feel as though I have stepped into a brand new world. I just might be in love.

If only I could figure out how to use it.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Good luck, I'm sure you will be an old pro at it soon. I'm still one of those "take whatever free phone they give me" people. Maybe one day I'll get one too!

Aimee @ Smiling Mama said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! That is so awesome!! Have fun exploring all the fun apps you can get. How exciting!!