Thursday, August 20, 2009

free for the taking

As noted in my last post, my garden suffers from an herb overdose. That's what I get for growing the herbs from seeds.

I stole my friend Amy's idea and made an herb bouquet as a hostess gift for my friend Torey recently. Here's a picture of my masterpiece:


I liked it so much that I almost kept it for myself. But then I remembered that the whole point was to thank Torey for her hospitality and to get rid of herbs!

DC Readers, you are welcome to come over and forage my herb garden. Take as much as you want (as long as you take A LOT). Or, even better for you, let me know which herbs you most desire and I will bring them to you, freshly picked, savory, and beautiful!

Your choices:
Parsley
Peppermint
Spearmint
Sage
Chives
Marjoram
Basil
Oregano

I am taking orders immediately. Leave a comment if you're interested.

6 comments:

Allison R said...

Very exciting! I'll try Parsley, Spearmint, Chives, Basil, and Oregano. Thank you!!!

kerryandtorey said...

I love my herb bouquet! I have stolen the basil out of it but kept the rest intact because it smells so yummy.

thanks again!

Organized Living by Amy said...

I love it. So glad you stole my idea.

Rachel said...

Parsley, Chives, and Oregano would be great... I might try my hand at drying them, so if you leave the stems long that would be great! THANKS!

VA said...

Love the idea! Your herbs look great - what fun.

Smiling Mama said...

Can I place a bulk order for delivery at book club? Seriously. Bring some and I'm sure they'll be gone!