Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my summer scent


I smell lovely these days. My signature scent has taken a backseat to more practical needs this summer. Because the mosquitoes in our backyard are every bit as aggressive as the squirrels, I spray insect repellent liberally the minute I step onto our deck, no matter the time of day or my purpose for venturing outside. Even running out to the herb garden for a few minutes to harvest some tasty morsels for dinner usually results in at least two or three new welts if I fail to take precautionary measures.

Between the two of us, Brad and I have emptied three large cans of OFF! so far this summer. In the over six years that I lived at our old apartment, I only used half of one can. We never experienced mosquito problems on the rooftop deck. It may have been too high in the air for them.

Now that we have a table and chairs on our deck, we eat almost every single meal out there, which means that we smell like OFF! all day and night. I am pleasantly surprised, though, by how much better it smells than it used to. Or maybe I've just become more accustomed to it this summer.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Have you heard about the clip-on bug repellents? Any reviews from others about them? I wonder if that might be a good option for you guys?

Dr. Blondie said...

Hi Katie! You know, I just recently saw those! But no, I haven't tried them yet. I need to.