Wednesday, July 1, 2009

goal update

Now that 2009 is half over, in an effort to hold myself accountable, here is a progress report on my goals for the year:

Running goal: 720 miles
As of 6/30/09: 450.9 miles
Assessment: I'm almost 100 miles ahead of where I should be at this point! Running a marathon helped. I need to sign up for another race later this year to help me fight the temptation to be lazy when the alarm sounds at 5 a.m. some mornings. These five-mile runs before work seem much more difficult than the 26.2 miles that I ran a month ago! As I've said before, running is such a mental challenge.

Reading goal: 26 books
As of 6/30/09: Only 10 books finished. And that includes the first three Twilight books that have consumed me just in the last week or two.
Assessment: Ugh. Running, moving, and settling into the new house have trumped my reading time during the first six months of 2009. But I hope to cozy up with many more books in the next six months. I may prioritize reading the shorter selections on my wish list first to boost my numbers. You don't think that's cheating, do you?

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think reading some shorter books will work - or what about counting a book over 500 pages as two???