Tuesday, July 7, 2009

the best of the best

Because:
1. I love books, and
2. I also love lists...

... I am always a sucker for any type of best books list. Newsweek recently analyzed ten top books lists to create their own top 100 books of all time, a meta-list of sorts.

I was particularly pleased to see that Charlotte's Web by E. B. White made the cut. That book made such an impression on me as a child that I have read it over and over throughout my life. To this day, I can recite the last paragraph of the book from memory. I bawled from the first message in the spider's web ("some pig") through the end of the movie when it came out two years ago. I'm thrilled to see that others recognize the book's greatness.

I am happy to at least recognize most of these titles, although sadly, I've read few of them. What do you think of Newsweek's picks?

1 comment:

Organized Living by Amy said...

I've read 22 on the list...not awful, but I have some catching up to do.