Monday, June 8, 2009

where to begin?

When I slaved away on my dissertation during 2007, I often dreamed of what I would do with all of my free time once I finished. Oh, I had many grandiose plans, a few that I have pursued and many which have, sadly, fallen by the wayside. But I still feel hopeful about one of my goals, even though I am off to a slow start: reading more classics.

A recent visit to my library's used book sale resulted in the eight classics (all for less than $10), pictured to the left. I haven't started reading any of them yet, but I have high hopes for the future. Amazingly enough, I couldn't find one Jane Austen book at the sale! I guess that all of her books are snatched up quickly. I can understand why.

What are your favorite classics? Which ones should I add to my meager collection?

2 comments:

kerryandtorey said...

Jane Eyre is one of my favorites.

Katie said...

You definitely got some good ones. One classic I always love to read again is "Little Women" L.M. Alcott!