Thursday, May 21, 2009

san diego suggestions

Brad and I leave for San Diego one week from today, and other than knowing our flight and hotel arrangements and the necessary details for the marathon, we have absolutely no idea what we're doing while we're there. You see, we've been too busy to even think about this trip let alone plan it in meticulous detail like we do with most of our other adventures.

Perhaps this is a good thing. I am notorious for wearing out both of us on what are supposed to be relaxing vacations. We fear running 26.2 miles in the heat if we're already exhausted from three days of sightseeing and walking all over God's beautiful creation in sunny Southern California.

But because I can't help myself, the planner in me yearns for some ideas, you know, just in case we need them.... We'll celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary the day after the marathon and our last night there, and I'd love a restaurant recommendation in La Jolla or even a suggestion of a cute neighborhood where we should spend our anniversary.

I've heard that we should visit the San Diego zoo, so we may try to do that. What about beaches? Which public beaches are the best? What neighborhoods are worth checking out?

Dear readers, if you have been to or know San Diego, please share your thoughts and suggestions. I will do everything in my power to ensure that Brad and I enjoy a little relaxation time too. After all, we do have a race to run.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am not familiar with SD - but my cousin's husband is running the marathon too! They are coming from AZ. Do you want their contact info!?