Wednesday, April 29, 2009

odd allergies

Brad visited an allergist yesterday and endured a series of 20-30 pricks in his arm to investigate potential allergies. Although he will receive the formal test results later in the week, the doctor informally concluded that he is allergic to at least four things: dogs, cats, dust mites, and .....

cockroaches.

Yes, cockroaches.

I am the first to admit that I know nothing about allergies. I broke out in hives from penicillin once, but other than the occasional sinus headache during spring and fall weather changes, I have no understanding of the discomfort that people with allergies experience. But still. Have you heard heard of someone being allergic to cockroaches?!

I'm not a pet person anyway, so Brad's allergies just confirm that we will never be pet owners. I fight a constant battle with dust, especially since we moved into a house floored almost entirely in hard woods. And if we ever develop a roach problem, well, let's just say that despite Brad's allergies, I will run out of the house faster than he will.

Roaches and I do not get along. Brad apparently doesn't take to them either.

2 comments:

Smiling Mama said...

Well, I guess if you want to stay away from what you are allergic to then cockroaches would be something fine to stay away from! I'll tell you, old houses and hardwood floor, I swear, seem to create their own dust.

mold allergies symptoms said...

allergies is quite unpredictable..I'm really afraid with allergies that has fast reaction..

seasonal allergies treatment