Sunday, March 8, 2009

catch up

The snow day last Monday, while an unexpected and much appreciated gift, turned an already jam-packed work week into one of those periods when you feel like someone is holding your head under water and you're fighting with all your might to gasp even one quick breath of air. I had meetings with over 20 different students on Wednesday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. with only one 15-minute break that allowed me to visit the restroom and wolf down my lunch. My schedule on Friday followed a scarily similar format. And because Brad and I tend to overcommit ourselves socially, we went from busy work days to social plans every single night last week. But we did enjoy awesome fellowship with friends. Thanks John and Dawn, Jeanne and Christian, and Jack and Stacy! What a blessing that all of you lightened my cooking load last week. Brad and I will happily return for dinner and company any time.

This work week promises more of the same craziness. But I hope to be better about updating my blog this week. Several posts have been percolating in my mind for a few days now.

There IS a temporary end to the madness in sight. Only five more work days until spring break! Let the countdown begin.

No comments: