Friday, February 6, 2009

even celebrities are doing it

Word on the street is that Gwyneth Paltrow has assembled her very own book group, which includes some of her best literary-minded friends, such as Madonna! Who would have guessed that the material girl relishes books?

Check out the list of members and their favorite books.

I can't help but wonder what this group would be like if they ever gathered in person. Would they socialize and gossip like we do? Would they debate the plot, gush about the characters, or barely discuss the book at all?

For some reason, I imagine this celebrity book group much like my own. Minus the potluck dinners.

My favorite part of Gwyneth's post? She used my standard catch phrase at the end of it. I'm convinced that she's trying to be like me.

1 comment:

Smiling Mama said...

Well of course she is! I mean, who wouldn't want to be more like Dr. Blondie!? Fun to see so many books we've read on that list. Since Anna Karenina was on the top, I'll hope that gets into our next round.