Friday, February 27, 2009

booked through May

Now that I'm through traveling for a while, it's time to get serious about this little race that Brad and I plan to run at the end of May. Tomorrow we will run 12 miles, and then we will quickly increase our distance to 14, 17, and 20 miles over the next month or so. If we have it in us, we'll eventually peak at 23 miles in early May before we begin the tapering process. Starting tomorrow and lasting through mid-May, all of our weekend runs will be at least 10 miles. Our Sundays are unavailable, so that means 11 straight Saturdays of running. Yes, I counted.

I share all of this with you not to garner sympathy (note to self: I voluntarily signed up for this race) or to solicit admiration (although encouraging words are always appreciated), but to let you know my restrictions. If I decline a social invitation on a Saturday morning, it's not at all because I have no desire to see friends. The problem is that I'm already committed. I'll be running.

1 comment:

Smiling Mama said...

Wow! Well, I guess I'll just hold back your invitation to all the fabulous social events I was planning to hold on every Saturday through May. Ha ha! Just kidding!! Here's hoping for a beautiful spring!