Monday, February 2, 2009

after my own heart

See, I'm not the only person who cares about this issue!

On a related note, a friend of mine recently told me that two of his (YES, you read that correctly... I have at least one male reader!) favorite posts on my blog focused on apostrophe usage. He made my day when he shared that my entries caused him to scrutinize his own writing. He now double-checks his written work to make sure that any and all apostrophes are used correctly.

Dr. Blondie... attempting to save the world, one apostrophe abuser at a time.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

This one was from a mall food court (and I can't remember which one): "Please do not throw tray's in the trash."

It was actually written with quotation marks, leading me to wonder who exactly was saying it. Was it the trash can? The mall management? The janitors?

Of course, now I'm scrutinizing my period placement.

Dr. Blondie said...

Yes! Those kinds of mistakes drive me crazy. Two weeks ago, I passed a car on the highway that had a decal in the rear window that said:

Kid's on board.

Unless the author of the decal meant "kid is on board", which I highly doubt, this sign is grammatically incorrect.

Susannah said...

Umm, yes....let me just say. I was talking with Jenn and Kyle about how one of our new married couples - Paul and Kelly Davis - should make their name possessive. And I actually pulled up your blog to answer the question! You are DEFINITELY saving the world.