Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the winner

I narrowed my list of potential birthday restaurants down to six. I made reservations at five restaurants, the sixth one was already booked for my date of choice (which tells me EXACTLY where I want to go next year... a sure way to make me want something is to tell me I can't have it!). I visited all five restaurants and have crowned Nora Restaurant in Dupont Circle the winner this year!

It only took me an hour after work one evening last week to navigate traffic and visit all five finalists. And Brad was a sweetheart to drive me to all of the restaurants so that I could just hop out of the car and not have to search for a parking place at each one. Even though it was extra work, I'm so glad that I did it. I also scoped out the best tables at each place so that in the future, whether we visit for a special occasion or for restaurant week, I know which tables to request.

Brad's birthday is this Sunday and we plan to celebrate his big day on Saturday night at Capital Grille. We've covered every high-end steakhouse in DC for Brad's birthdays, and now we're revisiting our favorites. I'm thankful that he's so easy to please; I could learn a lot from him!

1 comment:

Smiling Mama said...

I've heard excellent things about Nora...can't wait to hear about it! And, enjoy Capitol Grille--one of our regular favs!