Monday, January 26, 2009

random thoughts

1. Today is my first day sans splint and I am thrilled beyond belief to wear my watch again! (I couldn't bear to wear my watch on my right arm; it felt too weird.)

2. I feel (dare I say it?) pretty today because I styled my hair this morning for the first time in four weeks! Although I desperately need a brightening job and a trim, I was amazed at how much better I looked this morning with blown-dry and styled hair. Brad claims that he couldn't tell a difference these past four weeks. He is a smart man.

3. Ham is my least favorite of all of the "normal" meats. Of course, I'm sure that I'd rather eat ham than beef liver, or chicken gizzards, or many other options. Brad, on the other hand, loves ham and requests it every single year for his birthday dinner at home (which is why I'm eating it today for lunch... even though I don't really like it, I refuse to discard perfectly good leftovers because wasting food bothers me).

4. I eagerly anticipate eating a slice of Brad's birthday cake that I packed in my lunch today! The cake makes the ham worth it.

5. Why is it that we can fly to San Diego in May for just over half of what it is costing us to fly to Nashville tomorrow? (Mama Millie died this past Friday, so we're off to West Tennessee for her funeral this week. More on this later....)

6. Today marks the first day of the spring semester at UMD and as of this minute, I have not yet encountered one student complaining about XXXX (you fill in the blank). But the minute I post this entry, I expect to be bombarded.

7. I really detest making admissions decisions for the program that employs me. But I'm encouraged that I'm almost done with my portion of the selections for this year. KEEP PLUGGING!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Have a safe trip to TN. So sorry to hear of the loss of Mama Millie.
Have fun with the UM students! We start back next week. I'm not ready at all!

Smiling Mama said...

Yay! No splint!

Condolences on the death of Mama Millie. I'm sure that funeral will be a grand celebration of what sounds like a pretty spunky life!

Organized Living by Amy said...

So sad about Mama Millie.

Let me know if there is anything we can to do help. Pick up/drop offs at the airport..anything.