Tuesday, January 13, 2009

honoring Amy

I've co-hosted or hosted more showers in my lifetime than I can recall. While I've organized menus, games, decorations, invitations, prizes, favors, and group and individual gifts, and supervised and participated in set up, clean up, and all major and minor hostessing duties, I breathe a huge sigh of relief and even giggle a bit because this baby shower that I am co-hosting this week for my friend Amy is anything but the norm. Because Amy moved to Nashville almost two years ago, some other friends and I are throwing her a "week of well wishes" from afar as she prepares to give birth to her first child next month. That's right: a virtual shower! What a wonderful way to mix up the ho-hum shower routine and to exercise our creativity!

The festivities began yesterday when Amy received flowers and a note that promised more fun to come this week. But I can't reveal any of the other surprises just yet as Amy is one of my most loyal readers.

I do ask that you, my faithful readers and lurkers, please visit Organized Living by Amy to leave her a comment or send her an email to wish her well as she prepares to become a parent soon. It's okay if you don't know her. We want as many people as possible to visit her blog this week and to comment on her week of well wishes. Plus, you just might leave her site with an organization tip or a meal or gift idea; it's worth checking out!

And Amy, I sincerely hope that you enjoy your special week and know how much we wish we could shower you in person! I send you lots of love and best wishes. I also have my fingers crossed that you'll be blessed with a very organized daughter who loves a schedule and a plan as much as you do!

1 comment:

Organized Living by Amy said...

Thanks again Dr. Blondie. I'm so excited for my "Week of Well Wishes"!