Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 out, 2009 in

One year ago today, I authored my first entry on this blog. And now, one year and 153 posts later, much to my delight, Dr. Blondie not only lives on, but has taken on a life of her own. I go about my days now with a new perspective. Even the most mundane task or random occurrence can be turned into something interesting or funny to share with others. I enjoy documenting my life and observing growth, which is why I've faithfully kept a diary-like calendar for over 20 years. But this blog is even better because it provides me a venue to poke fun at myself publicly (which helps me to take things less seriously) and to solicit input or support from others. This blog has also helped me to act with more spontaneity and creativity. While I plan a handful of entries in advance, most of them are written off-the-cuff. I wake up having no idea of the topic of the day's post and end up with something unexpected. I love what I consider the "percolation" stage of blog writing. A simple idea enters my head and percolates there for a few minutes or hours. Once I begin writing, my ideas explode to the point where I can barely keep up with them. That's how I sometimes end up with entries like this.

Gentle readers, I so appreciate your time and attention over the past year. Thanks for celebrating joyful moments with me, offering sympathy during my down days, and for helping me tolerate everything in between the two. Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Smiling Mama said...

Thanks for taking us along for your honest and funny adventures this year!