Monday, December 22, 2008

my gal

One of my favorite aspects of my blog's new look is my Design-her gal, located to the right. I've searched for a graphic to illustrate Dr. Blondie for a while now and to my delight, I stumbled upon this site about a month ago. You can design your own personalized gal... from her hair color and style to her eye shape to her earrings, outfits, and other accessories. It's a free service and the designers will even craft a blog-compatible version.

You can order gal-personalized stationary and other products, but what I love most about this company is that the owners operate the Gal to Gal Foundation, which is designed to raise awareness of and funding for Stage IV breast cancer. As one of the owners so eloquently stated on the company's web site, "We want all Stage 4 patients to make the journey to their next destination with as much style and grace as they've shown traveling through this one."

Compelling story, noble mission, classy gals... enough said. Dr. Blondie's "look" is born!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Chai La La turned me onto Design Her Gals a few years ago. I killed countless hours at work designing my mom, sisters, and of course myself...endless amounts of fun. I love Dr. Blondie!

Smiling Mama said...

Love the new look!! I've been wanting to update my look a bit too, maybe you can give me some tips in '09!