Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I knew them... once.

So now I understand why some people consider Facebook so addictive. I haven't done much with my profile yet (note to self: add pictures, set up bookshelf, figure out the myriad fun things I can do) because I've been so distracted searching for and being found by current and former friends and acquaintances. It's so neat to see where people end up, isn't it?

The big surprise of today is that a sorority pledge sister friended me, someone I have not seen in probably 10 or 11 years, and I learned that she's now a novelist! Julie's first book came out in October of 2008 with the second one slated for March of 2009. I am beyond impressed. I, too, aspire to write novels someday and I felt incredibly unaccomplished when I checked out her profile (she's gone from high-powered attorney to screenplay writer to novelist in the past 6-8 years)! What am I waiting for? I need to get started on that book!

And another sorority pledge sister of mine recently married a certain well-known United States Attorney in Chicago. I suspect that her household is slightly chaotic right now.

My claim to fame? Stay tuned. I'm working on it...

2 comments:

Smiling Mama said...

Wow! That's crazy. You know I'm esp. intrigued by the Fitzgerald connection.

If this is what kicks your butt to get started on your book then yay for Facebook!

Susannah said...

Your claim to fame is that you have your PhD, a fantastic husband, you look great and you are living the life of a true city girl :)