Monday, November 3, 2008

not Kevined out yet

While I'm on the subject of books today, Everyday I Write the Book blog has announced an upcoming online book club discussion about one of my most recent literary obsessions: We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver.

This book still haunts me, despite reading it over three months ago. The writing, the characters, the rich description, the plot... they all got under my skin, which is, in my humble opinion, a mark of a true masterpiece.

If you've read the book and wish to discuss it, sign up at Everyday I Write the Book. Or call me and we'll meet for coffee.

2 comments:

Smiling Mama said...

Congrats! I just e-mailed her to join in the discussion (but I don't need the book!)

Jennifer said...

Your post reminded me that I've been wanting to read this. Now it's ready for me to pick up at the library, so thanks for the reminder!